Two days ago Ben gave me a blessing, something I feel I have needed for a long time. The last time Ben gave me a blessing was before I went into labor for Emma’s birth. I totally felt the power of that blessing during labor. This time I needed a blessing of comfort, a blessing to help me find clarity and to help me have the confidence I need to be a good mother.
As Ben was giving the blessing, I had so many thoughts come to my mind. One, I was so thankful for such a righteous husband who tries to be the best person he can be, who loves Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
Second, I felt as though Jesus’ hands were literally on my head. His face, or perhaps what I imagine His face to be, came to my mind, and He was smiling at me. I felt His love for me. It reminded me years ago of a dream I had. The LDS Conference Center was just about to be dedicated. In my dream, I could see the hands of the Savior gently touching the chairs at the end of the rows on the lower level of the center. I had never seen the inside of the Conference Center before, but it looked just like it. In the dream, I couldn’t see the Savior’s face, but during this blessing, I could imagine very clearly what the Savior’s face is like, and I knew that that face belonged to those hands that I had dreamed years ago.
I was holding Emma while Ben gave the blessing. Her arm relaxed a few minutes into the blessing, and I think it’s because she felt me relax too.
Now as I put Emma to sleep, I can envisage the image of the Savior as it came to me in that blessing. I get the impression that I am not alone, and that the Lord is by my side helping me out. I feel comforted knowing that I can make good decisions for my family, and that I am making good decisions. I feel sort of weak in having to admit that I needed a blessing to confirm that, but it’s hard for me to make decisions sometimes, even ones that are so obvious such as whether or not I should follow my own heart, so this blessing was very comforting to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment